* Qazi Ashfaq Ahmad
|| Dr Qazi Ashfaq Ahmad|
| Date of Birth:
|| 12 December, 1930|
|| Engineering Consultant|
- Organiser of 'Train the Trainers Course on Da'wah and Dialogue' conducted
at the University of Sydney, Australia from 9-19 July, 1997.
- Organiser of Da'wah Bil Hal International Conference under RISEAP at
the University of Sydney, Australia on 29, 30 March, 1997.
- Organiser of international organisations and seminars.
- Islamic writings contributed to international journals, magazines and
- Speaker at various international conferences in US, UK, Middle East,
South and South East Asia and the Pacific on community issues.
- Chapter on 'Islam and Muslims in Australia' of the book 'Islam,
Muslims and the Modern State' published by the Macmillan Press Ltd.
UK and St. Martin Press, USA, June, 1994.
- Assembly member, Council of Parliament of world's Religions (CPWR),
USA, 1993 to date.
- Member, Board of Trustees, International Council of Islamic Information
(ICII), UK, 1993 to date
- Member of the Association for Indian Muslims (USA), 1992 to date.
- Member Executive committee, Regional Islamic Daawah Council of Southeast
Asia and the Pacific (RISEAP) 1982-1990.
- Founder member and Secretary, Islamic Society of Papua New Guinea,
- Founder member, MSA (USA & Canada) 1959-1983
- Ameer (President) Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, Aligarh, 1957-1959
- Research work in Quran at Madrasatul Islah, Saraimir, India, 1955.
- Completed 4 years special course in Arabic and Islamic Studies from
Sanwi Darsgah, Jamaat-e-Islami in first division and first position, 1950-1954
- Active worker of Jamaat-e-Islami, Hind (India), 1950-1969
- Active worker for the liberation of India from British Raj under Indian
National Congress (1942-1944) and All India Muslim League (1944-1947)
- Contributions to radio, TV, newspapers and magazines regarding issues
facing the community.
- Talks, lectures and seminars at various schools, community centres,
churches and mosques.
- Organiser of other inter-faith and inter-ethnic meetings and programs.
- Member of various committees for the establishment and construction
of mosques, school and community centres.
- Award for Services to Islam by Forum for Australian Muslim Professionals
- Founder and Patron of the Islamic Forum for Australian Muslims
(IFAM), 1993 to date.
- Founder Member of the Forum for Australian Muslim Professionals
(FAMP), 1993 to date.
- Multicultural Marketing Award for Australasian Muslim Times by the
Government of New South Wales, 1992
- Founder Member and the Patron of the Aligarh Muslim University Alumni
(Australia), 1992 to date.
- Editor-in-Chief, Mulitlingual Australasian Muslim Times, the
only Muslim paper published by AMUST Publications Pty Ltd, January
1991 - June 1994.
- Community Service Award in recognition of a valuable contribution to
the Bicentenary in 1988.
- Chief Organiser of the Multicultural Eid Festival and Fair (MEFF) and
Patron of the MEFF Consortium, 1987 to date.
- Formative member of the 'Staff & Students Committee for Peace
Studies' at the Unviersity of Sydney delivering lecture on 'Concept
of Peace in Islam', 1987.
- Chief Editor of 'Insight', the Quarterly Journal of Concepts
and Ideas, published by the Islamic Foundation for Education & Welfare
(IFEW), 1986 to date.
- Founder Member, Patron and Director, Daawah and Education of the Islamic
Foundatiion for Education and Welfare (IFEW), 1986 to date
- Founder and Patron of the 'Australian Integrated Family' (AIF) organised
to strengthen family ties and bondage within the community, 1986 to date.
- Secretary of the Australian Federation of lslamic Councils (AFIC),
- Founder President of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils
(AFIC), Australia wide national organisation of the Muslim Community, 1976-1978
- Founder Member and Chairman of the Islamic Education Service, 1975-1978
- Founder and Executive Committee Member of the Council of Islamic Affairs
of NSW (ICNSW), 1974-1976.
- Editor of the journal Ad-Daawah published by the Australian
Islamic Mission, 1973-1974.
- Editor of the journal Iman, published by the Islamic Society
of NSW, 1973-1974
- Founder Member and Secretary of the Australian Islamic Mission (Jamaat
Daawah Islamia), 1972-1976
- Founder Member and the President of the Sydney University Muslim Students
Association (SUMSA), 1972-1974
- Book Review: Life, Death and the
- Quranic Insight: Aakhira - The Life
- Quranic Insight: The Hypocrites and
- Islamic Education in Australia
- Quranic Insight: The Insanity of Riba-involvement
- Book Review: A Financial Overview
of Islam (A Point-form Summary)
- Quranic Insight: The Paradigm Shift
- Quranic Insight: To Deserve Leadership