|Name:||Dr Q Ashfaq Ahmad|
|Date of Birth:||12 December, 1930|
|Occupation:||Engineering Consultant (Rtd)|
Community Service of Qazi Ashfaq Ahmad
- Convenor of the Living Islam in the Contemporary Global Society seminar 2009
- Founder of the ACSOMOR
- Founder of the Interfaith Youth Friendship Centre 2004
Chief Organiser of the Multicultural Eid Festival and Fair (MEFF) and Patron of the MEFF Consortium, 1987 to date.
Organiser of ‘Train the Trainers Course on Da’wah and Dialogue’ conducted at the University of Sydney, Australia from 9-19 July, 1997.
- Organiser of Da’wah Bil Hal International Conference under RISEAP at the University of Sydney, Australia on 29, 30 March, 1997.
- Organiser of international organisations and seminars.
- Islamic writings contributed to international journals, magazines and newspapers.
- Speaker at various international conferences in US, UK, Middle East, South and South East Asia and the Pacific on community issues.
- Chapter on ‘Islam and Muslims in Australia’ of the book ‘Islam, Muslims and the Modern State’ published by the Macmillan Press Ltd. UK and St. Martin Press, USA, June, 1994.
- Assembly member, Council of Parliament of world’s Religions (CPWR), USA, 1993 to date.
- Member, Board of Trustees, International Council of Islamic Information (ICII), UK, 1993 to date
- Member of the Association for Indian Muslims (USA), 1992 to date.
- Member Executive committee, Regional Islamic Daawah Council of Southeast Asia and the Pacific (RISEAP) 1982-1990.
- Founder member and Secretary, Islamic Society of Papua New Guinea, 1980-1983
- Founder member, MSA (USA & Canada) 1959-1983
- Ameer (President) Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, Aligarh, 1957-1959
- Research work in Quran at Madrasatul Islah, Saraimir, India, 1955.
- Completed 4 years special course in Arabic and Islamic Studies from Sanwi Darsgah, Jamaat-e-Islami in first division and first position, 1950-1954
- Active worker of Jamaat-e-Islami, Hind (India), 1950-1969
- Active worker for the liberation of India from British Raj under Indian National Congress (1942-1944) and All India Muslim League (1944-1947)
- Contributions to radio, TV, newspapers and magazines regarding issues facing the community.
- Talks, lectures and seminars at various schools, community centres, churches and mosques.
- Organiser of other inter-faith and inter-ethnic meetings and programs.
- Member of various committees for the establishment and construction of mosques, school and community centres.
- Award for Services to Islam by Forum for Australian Muslim Professionals (FAMP), 1994
- Founder and Patron of the Islamic Forum for Australian Muslims (IFAM), 1993 to date.
- Founder Member of the Forum for Australian Muslim Professionals (FAMP), 1993 to date.
- Multicultural Marketing Award for Australasian Muslim Times by the Government of New South Wales, 1992
- Founder Member and the Patron of the Aligarh Muslim University Alumni (Australia), 1992 to date.
- Editor-in-Chief, Mulitlingual Australasian Muslim Times, the only Muslim paper published by AMUST Publications Pty Ltd, January 1991 – June 1994.
- Community Service Award in recognition of a valuable contribution to the Bicentenary in 1988.
- Formative member of the ‘Staff & Students Committee for Peace Studies’ at the Unviersity of Sydney delivering lecture on ‘Concept of Peace in Islam’, 1987.
- Chief Editor of ‘Insight’, the Quarterly Journal of Concepts and Ideas, published by the Islamic Foundation for Education & Welfare (IFEW), 1986 to date.
- Founder Member, Patron and Director, Daawah and Education of the Islamic Foundatiion for Education and Welfare (IFEW), 1986 to date
- Founder and Patron of the ‘Australian Integrated Family’ (AIF) organised to strengthen family ties and bondage within the community, 1986 to date.
- Secretary of the Australian Federation of lslamic Councils (AFIC), 1986-1987
- Founder President of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils (AFIC), Australia wide national organisation of the Muslim Community, 1976-1978
- Founder Member and Chairman of the Islamic Education Service, 1975-1978
- Founder and Executive Committee Member of the Council of Islamic Affairs of NSW (ICNSW), 1974-1976.
- Editor of the journal Ad-Daawah published by the Australian Islamic Mission, 1973-1974.
- Editor of the journal Iman, published by the Islamic Society of NSW, 1973-1974
- Founder Member and Secretary of the Australian Islamic Mission (Jamaat Daawah Islamia), 1972-1976
- Founder Member and the President of the Sydney University Muslim Students Association (SUMSA), 1972-1974
- Book Review: Life, Death and the Life After
- Quranic Insight: Aakhira – The Life Hereafter
- Quranic Insight: The Hypocrites and the Believers
- Islamic Education in Australia
- Quranic Insight: The Insanity of Riba-involvement
- Book Review: A Financial Overview of Islam (A Point-form Summary)
- Quranic Insight: The Paradigm Shift
- Quranic Insight: To Deserve Leadership